I’m taking a page from @cameronmoll ‘s book and putting the outline for my talk @ #FOWD (Future of Web Design conference) up and asking for feedback. I’ve actually just finished my presentation, but it’s not really too late to make changes. Since it’s also a relatively un-talked-about topic (at least from my past few years of web-design-conference-attending experience) I though it might also help attendees decide if this talk is worth checking out at the risk of missing @nickla ‘s talk on Wordpress theming.
Please do let me know what you think, either via the comments, email or @jpamental on twitter.
Web Strategy: What It Is and Why We Need to Care
- Why ‘I need a web designer’ is the worst possible thing you could ever hear
- What they say vs what they mean
- …and what you should do with that
- What is it: explanation/definition of ‘web strategy’
- What it is (think business understanding, design knowledge and technology awareness and fluency)
- …and what it isn’t
- Why we should care
- People - some examples of those who ‘get it’
- Corporate/In House vs Agency/Interactive Design Shop
- Project (example)
- Who are the ideal candidates
- What do we teach them
I’ll post the whole presentation after my talk - and can hopefully point out where direction changed thanks to your input.